Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hair Update: I have been Neglecting my hair (in a good way)

I have decided to cut out shampooing for a while I am only co washing once a week, only detangling in the shower with my fingers and wide tooth comb, keeping it braided, and continuing to wear my protective style of choice which are wigs. I will co wash until mid 2013. So far my hair has been loving all the moisture and the non- attention I have been giving it. Leaving your hair alone is the best way to retain length and I have been seeing the results. I made APL in June 2012, I am very close to BSL but I may not reach it until early 2013. I am just continuing to be patient in my hair journey and not really worrying or obsessing over how much my hair is growing and letting nature take it's course.




1 comment:

  1. I've been natural for more than two years but i'm STILL amazed at how often I forget to just LEAVE MY HAIR ALONE lol. my hair and I are definitely on better terms when I just 'put it away' and let it rest :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers