Monday, September 3, 2012

Heat Damage is the Devil!!!!!

Hi My Natural Beauties!!!!!! and Happy Labor Day to you all. It has been such a long time since I blogged. I have been extremely busy with work and taking care of my household, so I thought that since this was my wash day and my day off, I thought I would let you guys in on what is going on with my hair and this lovely journey. I am currently one year and eleven months post relaxer and eight months natural. I am getting a protective style this Saturday for the cold months. *Will blog about that this weekend with pictures =)*. So I decided to prep my hair today by washing my hair with Biosilk Silk therapy shampoo, did a protein treatment, followed by a deep condition with my Elasta QP DPR-11 with Honey, Grapeseed and Castor Oil and an oil rinse. I have noticed that my curl pattern in the front of my head was looser than my curl pattern in the back, Even when I did my mini chop back in February, I noticed I had some little flies of fried ends left. I realized that this was definitely heat damage. No wonder my curls wasn't going in their full potential, and my wash and gos were epic fails. So today while I had conditioner in my Hair, I started to search and destroy method. The damage is about two three inches, so I cut most of the ends off because heat damage is complete irreversible and even though Protein Treatments  if I want my hair to be at it's full potential then I have to get rid of those nasty ends. I still have a inch to go but after I take down my protective style I will clip them away. But how liberated do I feel with these fried ends in the front are gone!! my hair looks a lot better and is blending much better than usually and it will also be much healthier. I have also been forgetting to take my hair vitamins, but definitely will start back, by next summer I am hoping to be a little past BSL and I got a fresh Start until next time beauties, Stay dedicated, don't get discouraged and Moisture and Seal always.

XOXOXO 

CurlyKnots


4 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog so I've nominated you for the Verastile Blogger Award. check out my page for details :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thank so so much =)I really appreciate your kind words and your nomination.

    ReplyDelete

Followers