Sunday, September 9, 2012

Protective Style: Box Braids

Good Afternoon Beauties!!!! So It's September in Chicago, which means that cold weather is soon to rear it's ugly head and I needed to take drastic measures to protect my healthy hair investment. Cold weather leads to dry hair and winter hats and scarfs can cause major breakage. I decided to go for braids and not just any braids, Box Braids. Yes the old school 90s, Brandy inspired hairstyle. It has became popular these last few years and not to mention they are gorgeous. So yesterday, I got them installed and I did want them to be longer and bigger, but them being smaller will make them last longer and it will be easier to maintain. They are a inch or two longer than my natural hair length and I must say, I miss my hair already lol. I do plan on keeping them in for about two months and I do have a regimen planned out for this because if you do not properly take care of your hair inside of the braids, it can cause a MAJOR Setback. I plan on washing and conditioning my braids every two weeks and oiling my scalp and moisturizing and sealing when needed. I do plan on keeping protective styles in for the cold months and will not be wearing my natural hair out until the warmer months. By the time next spring rolls around I will be a little more past BSL and my hair will be big and AMAZING!!! Will keep you all updated on how it goes. Until Next time beauties, XOXOXO Curlyknots =)

3 comments:

Followers