Sunday, May 20, 2012

ACV Rinse Review



So yesterday was my wash day, in my post before I had stated that I was considering trying an ACV Rinse to help with the frizziness that is my hair. I have heard many great things about ACV rinse. It clarifies the hair and scalp, it helps close the hair follicles so that it holds more moisture, makes the hair softer and shinier, and it also balances the ph in the hair. So I wash my hair with a sulfate free shampoo (will write a blog about my experience with that), Deep conditioned with my staple Elasta QP DPR-11 mixed with Castor and Grapeseed oil for 3 hours and rinsed in the shower with cool water and then did my final rinse with 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 2 cups of water. (shoutout to Sunshyne for the recipe). I did notice the smell and no matter how much you dilute it, it's strong lol. I noticed right after that my hair was softer and more manageable. i added my leave ins and oils in sections and let it air dry. So here is my Verdict: My hair still had a little frizz, but not as bad as before. My hair feels extremely soft, smoother, shinier and moisturized. Very manageable. The smell faded as my hair dried but came back a little when I GHE last night. I think I will Incorporate this in my regimen on my wash days. Since it's the summer I decide to do more cowashing and do my wash days once every 2 weeks instead of every week, so my hair will hold more moisture and oils. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lista!!1 Followed you link from Hairlista and I'm now one of your follower. Please check out my blog as well:-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW Love you hair and those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I subb you hun and I like your blog as well cant wait to read more

      Delete
  3. LOVE Acv rinses! The smell takes some getting use to, but it doesn't last that long. Pretty curls!

    Bonnie
    [www.theculturepine.com]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie!! yes im actually doing it today im doing my wash, protein and deep conditioner. It is now my staple and yes the smell is off the chain lol

      Delete

Followers