Thursday, May 31, 2012

Is being natural just a trend????

I have been hearing this a lot lately. Natural hair has become so much more popular these last few years. I don't know why it took so long to get recognized but I have heard that women becoming natural is a "phase" or the new trend. I don't know about anyone else, but being natural for me is a personal choice. I love the freedom, the edginess. Being able to embrace my true self and LOVE IT is so liberating. It is really hard especially in the black communities, especially with the older generation. They were told that being nappy was not going to make people happy and sadly this has been passed on to new generations. Im not knocking women who have relaxers because I was one three years ago. I am a fan of healthy hair whether it relaxed or natural but I know what I like and what works for me. I don't understand why it's labeled "a bandwagon", why can it just be more woman embracing what God gave them and not converting to the norm? Whatever a person chooses to do with their hair whether it's a phase or not keep it healthy and keep it cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers